Apr 17, 2013

A Small Jaunt in South Korea.



SPRING BREAK 2013! WOOOOOOOO.

Ahhhhhh. Spring break was the best. Actually, the actual best. I spent eight days in China with my best friend from college. On my way home I had a RIDICULOUSLY long lay over in South Korea. Yes, you heard right. SOUTH KOREA.  And it was AMAZING. I fell in love with the city of Seoul. Very beautiful. Clean. Some of the nicest and most helpful human beings on the planet.

I left Beijing at about 9pm and got into Seoul around 1am (mind the hour time difference). I am about 5'8", which means I felt like a giant most of the time I was in Asia. And it does not help any that I have A. bleach blonde hair  B.enormous blue eyes and C. the pastiest of all pasty white skin. So, needless to say, in a sea of beautiful dark hair and gorgeous dark eyes I stood out quite a bit.
Danielle and I ate a bug. I ATE A FREAKING BUG
And it tasted awful.
After damn near walking straight out of customs into the Incheon Airport it took less than 3 seconds to get help. I was ushered on to an extremely plush charter bus and whisked away to the city. The ride is about 45 minutes and it was rainy, but I was enamored with South Korea within the first hour of arriving.

One of my sorority sisters from Undergrad is an English teacher in Seoul. This definitely made my seventeen hour lay over much more bearable. We spent the day shopping around in Insadong, ate poop shaped pancakes and nommed hard on Bibimbap. 

Say that 3 times fast.

Nomma da seaweed with my Bibimbap.



No comments:

Post a Comment