Jan 16, 2014

The Challenge: Day 1

I gave up trying to be fancy on this blog a long, long (lonnnnnnng) time ago. If I actually decide to post pictures, just be glad I gave you the opportunity to gaze upon those photos in the first place.

But actually. Deal.

Anyway, yesterday I had an epiphany. Like most of my great epiphanies, I was hanging out in a bubble bath. I wanted to create a personal life style challenge for myself. So I came with a list of different things to try for the next 21 days.

ANDDDDDD HERE THEY ARE:

  • Cut out all Gluten*. 
  • Cut out all Dairy*.
  • Go to the gym/workout every day
  • Squat challege!
  • Read for AT THE BARE MINIMUM of 30 minutes a day.
  • Blog for 21 days straight.
*Special disclaimer for wanting to abstain from Gluten/ Dairy: NO, I AM NOT GOING PALEO. Don't get me started on how annoyed I get with "Paleo". I studied a lot of Prehistory in college. I am still eating beans. Hellsa delicious and happy beans. I regret nothing.

I originally wanted to cut out Gluten and Dairy products to see what kind of effect this would have on my skin. Since I moved to California, my skin has become significantly more irritated. I can not remember the last time I just had nice, normal, healthy skin. 

Going to the gym can always be a challenge. This time I am ready to step up and get my booty back in gear!! I am also doing a 30 day squat challenge. So far my legs are dyingggggg.

Now comes for the blogging. I love to write journals. I also want to catalog all of my triumphs and how I am feeling over the next 21 days to see if this is a lifestyle change I would like to further pursue.

Day one proved to be much easier than normal. I did a decent job of really researching food before I put it in to my mouth hole. What sucks the most about making a lifestyle change like this? Money. I can't figure out why it cost me $4 to buy a tiny, tinnnnnnny thing of vegan butter.

like, come on. 

ok.... on to day two!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment