Aug 6, 2014

Miss List.

I have been in Asia since June 27th. 

Stuck in Narita Airport overnight. Things got silly.
39 days without a burrito in my belly.
Seeing this photo actually hurts my feelings a little bit. I have been taking Mexican food for granted.  
Or Pickles......

39 days without being able to understand EXACTLY what I am ordering for dinner.....
Perhaps I can interest in you some Fried Lizard? Snake Pinwheels? Beetle? Scorpion???

On the bright side, I've enjoyed almost everything I've eaten


39 DAYS WITHOUT A GLASS OF GOOD CABERNET
I MISS YOUR TASTE
But I am trying a variety of great Chinese beers. 

Most importantly, these 39 days I've been away from my family have made me realizing how lucky I am to have such an incredible and loving support network back home. I miss these things especially:

Having mom and dad simply a phone call away.



Cuddling with Mozzie 
I miss that face. 
Hanging out this this guy.
My spoiled little guy, Gouda.
And this guy. I miss this guy a ton.


I am slowly teaching myself Mandarin with a great app I discovered my second day here. The app is from Mind Snacks and you can find it here. The app is generally built for little kids, but I learn best if I get to play games so it works well for me! Up to this point I've mastered Numbers, Dates, Months and Seasons. It has more languages, so try it out!

Beijing has been really good to me the last few days. The skies are clear and the sunsets are beautiful. I am happy with where I am. I already feel comfortable with guessing at what I am eating (because I haven't royally messed that up.... yet).


 The people I have met so far have been amazing and lots of fun. 
Team Unicorn. 

Even though I miss many things, and especially Tucker, Mozz and the Boys, Beijing is treating me pretty alright. 
Having a beer underneath the 2008 Olympics Bird's Nest after my first day of work. Amazing.


No comments:

Post a Comment