Jan 23, 2014

The Day I Met Harry Melberg

Harry Melberg, sounds so official right? He is actually the sweet little pooch of the family my husband is a nanny for. Yep, hubs is a manny (Man nanny). This dog is so cute it hurt a little. Long like a Basset Hound, puffy like a tiny terrier, and just adorable.

American Horror Story was on tonight. I am having an especially hard time coming to grips that next week my beloved Coven will finally come to an end. What a chapter to finish in such a well plotted/ well cast television series. This is the first time I have watched an entire series religiously. I've actually had to reschedule things because of that one hour every Wednesday. That one hour when I fall in love with fictional characters and wish I had some witch powers of my own. That one hour when I shut myself out of the real world and pretend, even for the slightest moment, that what I am watching is real.

The characters are so beautifully portrayed and complex. The plot keeps me rapt, with wide eyes and just waiting for the next big plot twist. Or death. I hate getting attached to characters because I know the most I attach myself the harder it will be to finally let go.  Occasionally I feel like a lost child at the end of each episode. I go through bizarre stages that go something like this:

Stage 1: WHAT THE FUCK JUST HAPPENED THERE?! (this happens most frequently).
Stage 2: I'M NOT 100% SURE WHAT I AM SUPPOSED TO DO WITH ALL THIS NEW INFORMATION.
Stage 3: FUCK! THE EPISODE IS OVER AND I HAVE AN ENTIRE FUCKING WEEK TO PROCESS ALL THIS NEW INFORMATION.
Stage 4 : Ermergerd I have to talk to some other human that graces their eyeballs with this show PRONTO. I need to discuss my theory on who the next Supreme is and then constantly question myself because I keep finding faults in my logic.
Stage 5: Wait very impatiently for the next episode.


Annnnnnnnd that about sums it up.  I have no problems admitting that I drank the kool-aid so carefully concocted by Ryan Murphy and Brad Falchuck. I drank it and I asked, even begged, for more.




No comments:

Post a Comment