Jan 31, 2014

ALL THE FEELS.

(this was originally done last night.)


ARGHHHH

 So many feels tonight!!! Something you should know about me: It is incredibly difficult to get me to watch a TV show all the way through. From season 1- whenever, I just get SO INCREDIBLY BORED. This has been an ongoing problem throughout my life. Very rarely do I pick up a show and have to watch it every single episode. It is my weekly vigil to the TV gods.

Well, my life was forever changed in October 2013. I am a ginormous fan of the Horror genre. It is an admitted guilty pleasure of mine. There is just something so exciting about getting the shit scared out of me that has me addicted to horror.

In October 2013 the third season of American Horror Story hit the TV waves. Within five minutes of the first episode I was literally enthralled. Never before had a show sucked me in, made me feel like I was living inside of a different world for that one hour time slot. I was able to escape from reality. It was beautiful. It was terrifying. I didn't know exactly what it was.

I felt intimate with each character. I fucking hated Madison for being a stone-cold selfish pig-bitch. I loved Fiona because, deep down, I truly believed she was Goode. Cordelia felt like a best friend I never had. Queenie taught me how to be strong and overcome adversity. And Madam Delphine La Laurie became one of the greatest villains I have ever lain eyes on.

The entire season I would watch an episode, try to figure myself out, and wonder who would be the next Supreme. This season had so much depth. New Orleans history played a phenomenal part and tied beautifully to a fictional plot (which was probably why I loved it so much- I love history). From day 1 my husband and I would discuss plot lines and our theories. Every Thursday morning on our way to work (we commute an hour each way, blech) we would discuss theories.

From the beginning I always said Cordelia was the Supreme. Something I noticed from the get-go was that Cordelia was literally the only character without blood on her hands. My husband and I could always figure out terrible things each character would do. Fiona- well, it is Fiona. Enough said. Madison murdered Kyle and the almost all of the boys on the party bus after she was raped. Nan forced Luke's mom to drink bleach. Queenie murdered a vagrant. Zoey murdered the only survivor of the bus wreck by sleeping with him during his recovery in the hospital. Misty tried to control Kyle after she helped raise him. The voodoo queen was driven to evil.  AH! I JUST LOVE IT SO FREAKING MUCH.

Tonight was the season finale. At the end of last week's episode I started to get teary eyed. All those feels came rushing. I tried to hide it from my husband, but he could tell. I felt guilty for loving a TV show that much. At the beginning of tonight's episode My emotions were, as I can most accurately describe it, and absolute hot fucking mess.

By the end of the episode I was screaming, "NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO! FUCKING KILL HER. DON'T TRUST HER! YOU FUCKING IDIOT! NO!," while my husband and I tried to shield our faces from the images on the screen because we had no idea what was going to happen next.

And then it was over. I'm not going to lie, I crumbled a little bit. Mainly because I had come to love the story. The ending was handed to me like a wonderfully wrapped present, complete with a bow and limited questions. I was greatly satisfied, but simultaneously very sad. I felt as if I had been dumped by my boyfriend, but with closure. So I thank all the writers and actors for giving me that hour a week to escape.

I loved American Horror Story from the onset. The first season captured me, the second season intrigued me, and the third season enveloped me completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment