Mar 19, 2014

The Biggest Adventure: Part Duex.

Continuing on my theme of adventure: Round 2. I will be leaving for Asia in early June again. Field work doesn't start until the end of the month so I will be using the time before then to visit all the places in South East Asia that I did not get to last year. Which was basically all of them. Hopefully my husband and I will be able to finish my trip together in Japan for a couple of weeks! It will be the first time he and I have traveled together


So this summer my travel plans will (hopefully) look something like this:

June 11th- fly to Manila. This is the best place to start such an adventure, Manila honestly is one of the greatest cities I have been to. I highly recommend it for travels. Fun fun fun fun fun place.

June 13th- Catch a flight to Bangkok, Thailand. Proceed to enjoy Thailand from June 13th-June 18th (or later. Who knows, I'm thinking that I am just going to go where the wind may take me). Love every minute of it. Drink the drinks, eat the noms, gorge myself on ridiculous amounts of cheap street food, get sick, regret nothing and write about all my adventures.

June 19th- Leave early for Cambodia. Make the trip to Siem Reap. Hopefully I can find some one in my hostel to travel with. Stay in Siem Reap until June 26th. Temple the shit out of myself. Eat Cambodian food. Rent a bike and travel around. Take in the beauty. Love life.

June 26th- Either head back to Bangkok or catch a flight from Siem Reap back to Manila.

June 27th- July 31st- Being a grown up and visiting Ifugao once more. Work my ass off. Dig in the dirt. Miss my 3rd wedding anniversary (going on two consecutive years of missing anniversaries....ooooops). Spend my 25th birthday in the middle of no where drinking dollar-ish beers and complaining about no hot water. Be excited if where we are staying has toilet seats. Walk a mile up hill to get to the field every day. Ask myself what the fuck I am doing constantly. Get a damn nice tan. Love that I am back where I left my heart last summer.

August 1st (or 2nd or 3rd)- Depending on what Hubs decides either A. Fly to Tokyo and see Japan finally. Which is weird because I never thought I would say that. If that doesn't work out then I am going to make a trip to Boracay- which is an island in the Philippines. I will then lay on the beach for 4 or 5 days.

August 13th- come home.

More adventures to come in September or October though ;). Life is about to get crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment