Jun 9, 2014

18 Days to Go and June 11, 2013.

I leave in 18 days. One visa down, one to go. Hours of packing. Making the decision on what stays, what is a necessity, what I can live without. This is crazy. Every day that I get closer to leaving I have minor meltdowns. My emotions are a roller coaster; the elation of finally following my dreams and living in another country for a while. Then the absolute devastation of realizing I'm only going to see my husband for a month in the next 14 months. You never really realize how important all of the little things are until you're about to move across the world without the person you spend 98% of your day with. And there are a lot of little things:

Driving to work together. Every day.
Fighting about current events.
Watching Pitch Perfect at least twice a week.
Making dinner and critiquing everything like we are Food Network judges.
Starbucks and Gloria.
Road Nuggs. 
Fights about video games.
Video Games in general.
Running around my loop.
Drinking by the pool.f
Mozz, Goo and Bozz.

I could go on and on. I can't say it enough: this is crazy.

06-11-13

My toe still hurts. A lot. I was so glad to talk to you last night. Everyone could tell how happy I was after. 

I wrote down quotes:

"How much do I owe you for the charger.... oh wait, you're not Doc"- Brent to Ollie

"In Bali, if you're a Boy/Girl twin they have to get married."- Brent
"Nooooo. I've been to Bali twice and never heard that."- Ollie
"You've never talked about twins, have you?"-Brent

"Now, can any one identify the bones on their plate??"- Adam at dinner. We are eating chicken.

"And then I realized, 'oh holy shit. I just paid $3,400 to live third world for two months'."- Joff

11:30 PM
Writing during a storm, so the writing is barely legible.

I'm writing you by the light off of my phone. Definitely the loudest rainstorm of my life. I am possibly going through a small typhoon. Wish I was joking, but I'm not. The rain is actually deafening outside. It's like being on Haunted Mansion- complete with flashes of lightening through our curtains. I wish we could cuddle baby. I look at so many pictures of you on my phone. I miss you, Turtles.

<3 Coop Cooper 



No comments:

Post a Comment