Jun 24, 2014

Packing, Binge Eating, Other Things.

This is overwhelming. 

I've packed and unpacked and repacked my biggest bag. My baggage consists of my husband's old LC football duffle, a Victoria's Secret Pink bag and a waterproof back pack I bought for field school last summer. In case you were wondering, it gets wet in the Philippines. Daily. Each pack has been edited by a few shirts or a scarf. I'm still wondering how I am going to be able to pull this off- especially knowing that I have a day in Tokyo that includes a 50 mile adventure between Narita and Haneda airports. This all, of course, is before I even get to Manila.

I know shoes and bras are the most important things to bring: I'm top-heavy and have the feet of a teenage boy. They're huge. Then the realization that everything I love to eat is nearly impossible to find in Asia. I only say nearly because it may be possible, but I'd probably be spending a month's worth of salary to do it. I am pretty sure that I've put on about 10 pounds in the last month because I know that I won't be able to eat all my favorite things (coughcoughBURRITOScoughcough) for a very, very long time. And then the fact that I can't use most of the face washes or make-up over there because most of them have whitening agents in them...

 Moving across the world is a process. A tedious, expensive, time consuming process.

I've already made a list for my husband to send in goody boxes (whenever I get an address of course) and it looks something like this:
-Big Papa Dill Pickles- obviously my number 1 choice.
-Mascara and Eyeliner.
-Annie's Macaroni and Cheese.
-Cholula or Tapatio- I am really going to miss Mexican food. Mexican food is life.
-Face wash.
-Cover up.
-Photos of my furbabies and family.
-Coffee

My stomach is in knots. I've never been so nervous about something I decided to do. I can't distinguish if this is fear or raw excitement. What ever it is, I'm over feeling like there are constant butterflies in my stomach. We're zeroing in on 60 hours until take-off.

When did the end of June get here? It feels like 2014 just started!

Coming home from the Philippines last July.... Those are the only three bags I'm bringing over!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment