Jun 26, 2014

24 Hours Out and All The Feels.

WHEN/HOW/WHY IS IT ALREADY JUNE 25TH!?!?!?

Oh my goodness gracious. The 'Final Pack' is 99% done. I think. Check back for an update at a later time.

So here we are! 24 hours left! 24 hours and I'll be on my way to Tokyo. SO CRAZY, but I am very excited! This is going to be the adventure of a life time, even with all of the anxiety I am dealing with right now. I tried to explain to Tucker last night that I've spent essentially a month just sitting around and waiting for this moment. A month is a long time to let myself get into my own head. I don't like to call it anxiety, it's more like, I'm just well aware of everything that could go catastrophically wrong.

What am I doing for my last 23 hours on American soil? Eating cheese. Eating burritos. Mentally preparing my self to get from Point A (Japan) to Point B (The Philippines). Trying to imagine what life is going to be like four weeks from now when I am getting ready to finish up work in the field and I'm on my way to point C (China).

It's overwhelming.

Last night I got really sad when I realized just how much I am going to miss in the next year. The birth of my niece, Aniya. Our 3rd and 4th wedding anniversaries. Tucker's 26th birthday (I missed his 23rd while I was in South America). My 25th and 26th birthdays will both be spent abroad. Friends' weddings. Eating Annie's Mac 'n Cheese with Katie.

Laughing at Mozzie.
Cuddling with Googoo Bear and Bozzywozzy in the mornings. All of the holidays. It's the little things that I take for granted. I'm now realizing that there are many little things that I am going to have to do without.



No comments:

Post a Comment