Jun 11, 2014

The Inevitable and June 14, 2013

Every day, around this time, roughly 7-9 pm my emotions start running rampant. These emotions usually start around the time the sun goes down where I live. I am incredibly fond of the sunsets that I get to watch from my back yard. If you follow my Instagram you already know that I devote much of my feed to the amazing sunsets from my back yard.

Not even a remote favorite, but you get my point. My backyard is B-E-A-U-tiful.

It is around this time that everything starts to really sink in. Things like, 'oh my goodness, you only get to watch 16 more of these before you're jetting off into one'. Or, 'you have to spend six months without seeing your husband. At all. He's night a short plane ride away from you'.

Last night Tucker and I visited our favorite restaurant one more time before I left. We usually go twice a year for super special occasions. It only took five minutes, but I was getting teary. La is so special to us and this was the last time we were going to be able to experience it together for quite some time. 

On the other side of that coin: I'm ecstatic. The closer I get to leaving, the more empowered I feel. Finally I get to adventure like I have always wanted to. Asia was the last place I thought I'd move, but this is my dream. I'm doing it. I'm living this out and it is actually happening. It is happening in 16 days.

6-14-13

Here is a list of everything I am going to absolutely demand for the week after I get home:
Pickles- well duh.
Chorizo, Potato, Onion, Salsa, Egg Scramble.
Steak.
Lobster.
Sausage Kale Soup.
Pickled Garlic.
Garlic Ice Cream.

8:35 PM

Today has been such a big day. Finding that human mandible was seriously a high light of mine. I really am considering going back to school for Anatomy and Biology. It gets me so damn excited. Two burials, one right on top of the other, kids, just so amazing to find. Especially after how much of a clusterf**k our trenches are post- storm. 

I miss you. Days here just feel like blurs. Life without you in it every day is the worst. You are truly my best friend. I've never missed you more. This time away has been such a test for us. I can't wait to hold you and love you. 

One more day then a break finally! Ifugao day! This afternoon I rode on top of a Jeepney in a huge rainstorm. Such a cool moment in my life.... riding on top of a car in the Philippines in a rainstorm!  


No comments:

Post a Comment