Aug 1, 2014

Beijing Randoms.

Random things about China so far:
  • The pollution is really bad. Like really, really bad.  I saw the sky last night (haven't seen it during the day) and got so excited that I grabbed the other foreign teacher I've been exploring with and began pointing. Even though it is bad, and I am developing a nice smoker's hack, it doesn't really take away from the beauty of the city. I am still completely enamored with everything Beijing. 


  • Street food is bomb. This morning Max (foreign teacher) and I went out to find some breakfast and we walked by this little stall that a bunch of locals were stopping at. We didn't know what they were selling, but we did know it was roughly $1 USD for whatever it was. What we bought was seriously one of the best things I've ever tasted. Still don't know the name, probably going to eat one tomorrow for breakfast too, already excited to eat it again. The pancake was full of potatoe-y carrot-y goodness. 
WHATEVER YOU ARE, YOU ARE LIKE POTATO HEAVEN.

  • Went on my first shopping trip last night after we ate at KFC. By the way, KFC's mashed potato portions in China are really depressing, in case you were curious. I came across some rather inventive flavors of potato chips. These flavors include: Italian Red Meat, Fermented Soy Bean Prawn, Fun Wasabi Shrimp, Cucumber, Sweetie BBQ Pork, Mexican Tomato Chicken, annnnnnd Spicy Green Peppercorn Fish. Naturally, I bought the Cucumber because I was curious. My taste buds were confused, yet pleasantly surprised. 

I'm not even going to ask questions.


Chinese Wal-Mart is overwhelming.

  • I don't exactly feel like posting a photo, but last night I got about eight Prostitute trading cards slid under my door. I still laugh whenever I get any of these no matter what country I'm in. 

  • Annnnnnnnd this guy: 




No comments:

Post a Comment