Aug 2, 2014

Expat Parties, $2 Cab Rides, 4 AM Bed time.

Expats can party.
Last night we got invited to a party. A random party invite from people we didn't know in a place we had never been. Well, I guess we kinda knew them. Max had been messaging them about an open room in their apartment. At the beginning I was a little leery of the idea of riding the subway for an hour to some random individual's home to partake in merrymaking with a group of humans I had never met.... 
And once again, Beijing did not disappoint.

 We (Melissa, Max, and I) wandered around looking for this place for nearly an hour and a half with our .50 cent half liter beers in our hands like clubs. We rolled into this random apartment at probably 9:45, beers still in tow, and it was beautiful. There were people from England, Czech Republic, USA, Canada, Belgium, China. There is something ridiculously fun when you get that many nationalities in one room. Everyone is so different and it is amazing. Everyone revels in their cultural differences, everyone is teaching each other curse words and crude gestures. It is my favorite.

I feel like I am back in college; drinking 50 cent beers, staying out until three in the morning and subsisting on Ramen Noodles. 

I think I'm going to like this place. 

Teaching Will (he's from England) the art of beer Pong. 
This girl. <3



No comments:

Post a Comment