Jun 20, 2014

7 Days

Thoughts that go through my mind while packing to move across the world (with a month long lay over for field work in the Philippines first):

-How the hell do I have so many clothes? I thought my closet was barren. I guess I have zero reasons to complain about having absolutely nothing to wear at this point. I know that is a lie.

-F***, I can't fit any heels in here. Does it even matter? I'm already tall enough anyway.

-Do I need this sweater? Actually? 

-Where did all of these layer tanks come from?

-What the hell!?  These are definitely not mine. Who's are these??

-My life is in shambles. I quit. I can no longer pack things. I can easily survive with what I currently have packed. Right?

-If this is under 50lbs then I am actually the greatest packer in the world. Actually.

-Time for a dance party. Reggaeton it is. Damn, now I miss South America. 

-This is never going to fit.

-I GOT IT ZIPPED UP! I AM ALL THAT IS MAN!

*One minute later*
-DAMN IT ALL TO HELL, I FORGOT MY FAVORITE SHIRT IN THE WASH. This was all for naught! 

Even though I am completely packed, I know that the night before I take off I'm going to realize I forgot something crucial. This is just the way of the world and I have learned to embraced it.

No comments:

Post a Comment