Oct 1, 2014

My Long Distance Relationship Post.

I live in China. Hubs lives in California. We're both following our dreams. We both have our own lives. We talk every day, for hours, even when one of us should probably be sleeping. People still don't get us. They really don't need to, but here are some really stupid questions/comments with really accurate reactions that we've both got or heard:

"Do you guys still love each other?/ Are you still in love?"

You're messing with me right? Never ask that question again.

"Are you getting a divorce?"
NO. No no no no no no nononononono. Not even a discussion topic. That's never even come up.

"Do you trust your husband/ Does your husband trust you?"
Do you think the guy who convinced me to change my last name would've let me move to China if he didn't trust me?

"I was in a long distance relationship once. I know it doesn't work out." 
I don't even know how to address this one. Thanks for your optimism? Question Mark?

"How do you stay intimate over that kind of distance??"
It's 2014. Figure it out yourself. 
"What's the name of his girlfriend back home?"

Haven't heard that one before. You so witty.
LOL... not.

"When are you going to move home?"
Whenever I feel like it. 

"I couldn't stand spending that much time away from my husband/boyfriend/significant other."
Okay, I do get this..... a little. And yeah, Tucker and I really do miss one another more than I thought possible, but that hasn't stopped either of us from having the time of our lives, making new friends, and participating in many shenanigans with these new friends. 

Basically what I'm trying to say is:
Our lifestyle is not the easiest to comprehend, but it's working for us and we are happy.... and in the end that is all that truly matters anyway.:). High five to all of you Long Distance Relationships out there! We got this!





No comments:

Post a Comment